Have you ever wanted to bring your own characters to life? Perhaps, you’ve seen a few animated films and thought, “Man, I wish I could do that”?
You probably don’t have a whole lot of cash (as well as time) to invest in learning 3D character animation from an accredited university. Or perhaps you do, but want to get a head-start without forking a lot of cash to start off with.
Even if you’ve done some character animation before, you may have struggled to understand why your character doesn’t look…well…alive.
What’s in this course?
In this course, we aim to help you introduce you to the world of character animation as well as imbue life into your character animations. We also aim to ensure that you don’t go broke doing so.
You will be learning completely from scratch, the whole process of 3D character animation. Specifically,
- You will learn the skills and techniques of animating realistic and believable characters.
- In addition to learning all the theory-related stuff, you will also get hands-on experience in animating your own scenes. You can follow along as we will animate walks, runs, waving of arms, etc.
- We will also look at more advanced character animation skills to further help enhance the believability and realism of your characters. You will specifically learn how to animate eye movements to help make your character look alive, facial expressions, lip-syncing, etc.
With 40 lectures and 6+ hours of content, there are so many different things you can learn. The topic of 3D character animation is so vast and complex and the learning curve can be so high, especially when starting out. I’ve gathered everything that I’ve learned over the years and have organized it in a way that will help you understand most effectively.
Who is this course for?
This will be perfect for absolute beginners as I will walk you step-by-step starting from how to navigate your way around your 3D software towards animating convincing character action. There are no nasty jargon used in this course. Everything is explained in an easy-to-understand manner.
You don’t need to know anything about animation. You don’t even need to have a 3D software installed as we will cover this. It will help if you have some passion for character animation. At the very least, some passion for CGI-related works.
This course isn’t limited to just beginners. Intermediate and Expert level users may also gain valuable knowledge from this course.
What is expected outcome after the course?
By the end of this course, you can expect to have a decent understanding of building convincing and realistic 3D character animation. You will also gain experience and confidence doing your own 3D character animation.
From there, you would be more prepared to start your own projects (imagine being able to create your very own animated short film) or you could start looking at jobs that need character animators. If you choose to do a more formal course on 3D animation, you will most likely get a head start!
- Anyone, but having some passion for animation and/or CGI can be helpful
- Beginners in the world of CGI and animation
- 3D character animation beginners
- This course is not for those looking to get into Pixar. In other words, you would most likely not be a Pixar-level animator after taking this course.
- This course is not for those looking to be awesome character animators overnight
- Blender users may have a slight advantage, however, anyone with any 3D software should be able to follow along